a little catch up

well.  i was already a terrible blogger.  throw in our wacky 3 different start and end school times, baseball, softball, kung fu, church, doctor's appointments, dentist appointments, unexpected visitors (though happy to see you, hunter!), a trip to the ER, a husband who works late and add in me trying hard to get into running again, it leaves me with ZERO time and = a really, really terrible blogger.  i don't even get on the computer often these days.  i don't know about anyone else, but i am looking forward to lazy summer days where our only commitment is baseball, and i can scrapbook and read while the kids play.  sigh.... we are almost there!  so.  here i am catching up with my pebbles layout from TWO weeks ago!  the theme was "my favorite."  i chose my kids!  while they may drive me up the wall on a regular basis, they ARE my favorite!
And, before i share that layout... a fun note:  you can now buy your favorite American Crafts products directly from American Crafts.  How cool is that?!  Check it out HERE
okay. the layout.  :)
 i have wanted to try my hand at a sunburst layout for ages.  but, the measuring & all kind of intimidated me! enter my cameo.  :)  i love that machine!  i used the sketch pen and drew it onto a sheet of cardstock and then switched to the green glitter pen & "wrote" the title on with the cameo.  I then used the cameo to cut out the pieces of pattern paper.  in hindsight, a better way would have been to cut the design out and then use it as a template for the pattern paper.  ah, well.... there is always next time!  :) can i just add here how much i LOVE the pebbles sequin candy dots?!  i hope they continue to make them for other lines, not just hip hip hooray.  (which is SUCH an adorable line!) 

Comments

  1. This is so fun, and I love that it's your own take on the sunburst!! So many of them look so similar...this is cute and unique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love all the different rays of color, and the way you typed the journaling on there. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How seriously cool is this??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this!! glad things are good and hope you get more scrappy/blog time soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts